These dressings have a soft silicone gel adhesive which minimizes trauma to the wound at dressing change, helping to avoid patient pain without compromising care
ALLEVYN triple-action technology maintains the optimal fluid balance to maintain a moist wound environment
ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings are indicated for use on:
1. Wound management on shallow, granulating wounds, chronic and acute exudative wounds, full and partial thickness wounds including:
Diabetic Foot Ulcers
First and second degree burns
Instructions for Use
1. Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
2. Select the appropriate dressing size.
3. Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
4. Start to remove the protector material from the dressing and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin. (Image A)
5. Smooth the dressing over the wound removing the remaining protector material and ensure that the dressing is adhered all around the wound. (Image B)
6. ALLEVYN Gentle Border can be cut and an aseptic technique should be used with cutting the dressing. Ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
During the early stages of wound management, ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings should be inspected frequently. Where the product is used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol.
Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin or until exudate is visible and approaches to within 1.5cm of the edge of the dressing pad, whichever is sooner.
Standard warranty covered by the seller against any manufacturing defect. In such events, please report to us within 7 days from the date of delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall Customer Rating:
0 customer reviews
Sign In Or Register to post your reviews. Sign Up
0 customer reviews found.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Smith&Nephew Algisite M Calcium Alginate Dressing, Per Box