The ALLEVYN Gentle Border range has been designed for people with particularly sensitive or fragile skin.3 These dressings have a Gentle silicone gel adhesive1 which minimises trauma to the wound at dressing change.1,2
ALLEVYN layer-action technology maintains a moist wound environment.1,2,4
Minimises trauma and pain during dressing change.1,2
Easy to apply, use and remove1
Dressings are showerproof5-7 and have a bacterial barrier8
Available in a range of shapes and sizes – squares, rectangles and a range of shapes for dressing awkward areas.5-7
ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings are indicated for use on:
1. Wound management on shallow, granulating wounds, chronic and acute exudative wounds, full and partial thickness wounds including:
Diabetic Foot Ulcers
First and second degree burns
2. Pressure ulcer prevention on intact skin, including pressure ulcers caused by medical devices, as part of a pressure ulcer prevention protocol
Precaution: Care should be taken when using the dressing under medical devices near the nose and mouth, where moisture can build up and affect adherence, leading to dressing movement.
Like all ALLEVYN dressings, ALLEVYN Gentle Border has at its heart a unique triple layer technology that effectively manages exudate helping to ensure that the wound is kept at optimum moisture levels to support moist wound healing.5
The dressing consists of a highly absorbent8 hydrocellular foam pad held between a perforated wound contact layer which is coated with a soft silicone gel adhesive and a highly permeable outer top film.9,10,11
ALLEVYN Gentle Border achieves its benefits of easy application and removal1,3,6 and the ability to repositioning through an adhesive technology based on a soft silicone gel.
On application the silicone gel adhesive on ALLEVYN Gentle Border flow into the crevices of the skin allowing more points of contact to stay in place.
On removal, the gel silicone adhesive stretch and flow out of the crevices of the skin, minimising the risk of trauma to the wound and pain to the patient.
Instructions for Use
1. Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
2. Select the appropriate dressing size.
3. Prepare and clean the skin surrounding the wound area by removing excess moisture. Any excess hair should be clipped to ensure close approximation to the wound.
4. Start to remove the protector material from the dressing and anchor the adhesive side of the dressing to the skin. (Image A)
5. Smooth the dressing over the wound removing the remaining protector material and ensure that the dressing is adhered all around the wound. (Image B)
6. ALLEVYN Gentle Border can be cut and an aseptic technique should be used with cutting the dressing. Ensure any exposed foam areas are covered with an appropriate film dressing taking care not to cover the entire dressing.
During the early stages of wound management, ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings should be inspected frequently. Where the product is used on infected wounds, the infection should be inspected and treated as per local clinical protocol.
Dressings can be left in place for up to 7 days depending on the condition of the wound and the surrounding skin or until exudate is visible and approaches to within 1.5cm of the edge of the dressing pad, whichever is sooner.
No need to change
No need to change
Exudate within 1.5cm of the edge of the pad requires changing
Do not use ALLEVYN Gentle Border dressings with oxidising agents such as hypochlorite solutions (eg. EUSOL) or hydrogen peroxide, as these can break down the absorbent polyurethane component of the dressing. If reddening or sensitisation occur discontinue use.
Lift one corner of the dressing and slowly peel back until completely removed from the wound.
Standard warranty covered by the seller against any manufacturing defect. In such events, please report to us within 7 days from the date of delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall Customer Rating:
0 customer reviews
Sign In Or Register to post your reviews. Sign Up
0 customer reviews found.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Smith&Nephew Iodoflex Iodine Dressing Paste, 5cm x 4cm, 5gm, 5pcs/box