Novosyn is a mid-term absorbable braided and coated synthetic suture made of polyglactin 910. Novosyn® degrades by hydrolysis and provides a predictable and reliable absorption.
- Improved knot pull tensile strength (KPTS) compared to the European Pharmacopoeia (EP).
- Better flexibility performance and similar knot safety compared to the market reference.
- Greater smooth surface than market reference in USP sizes 0 and 2/0, allowing an easier and faster knot running down.
- Needle penetration performance better for the most used needles of Novosyn compared to the market reference.
- Less inflammatory reaction after suture implantation compared to the market reference based on in-vivo animal studies.
- 40-50 % Tensile Strength Retention: 21 days
- Complete Mass Absorption: 56 up to 70 days
Sizes available USP 8/0 (metric 0.4) up to USP 2 (metric 5)
- Ophthalmic surgery
- General Surgery
Standard warranty covered by the seller against any manufacturing defect. In such events, please report to us within 7 days from the date of delivery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Overall Customer Rating:
0 customer reviews
Sign In Or Register to post your reviews. Sign Up